The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Orphans In a happy home.....


In a letter from Molly F., she write to tell us:
This is a quilt I made a few years ago using my orphan blocks. I used 2 1/2 inch squares to put the blocks to gether using strips to make them the appropriate size needed to fit them in. I love and buy the same tones of fabrics so all my blocks go well together. I also get bored making the same block over and over so I make single blocks alot. Arrangement of blocks is important. You should assemble the blocks in sections and use a variety of sizes and styles in each section. Also blocks with light and dark backgrounds should be taken into consideration. Be sure to give seperate these blocks into all sections of the quilt.

It's so nice to hear from across the world happy stories of orphans being loved and made part of our day to day lives. Thanks for writing Molly, and sharing your really marvelous quilt with us. Can't have too many ideas about how to make a quilt.

2 comments:

Katie said...

The connecting small blocks really put these blocks together is such a flowing way. I must remember this. Someday I may get to my orphans.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Fabulous Christmas quilt! The setting is grand, well done; and for such a worthwhile and noble cause.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...