The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Sunday, July 22, 2007

So, Sew........busy, busy Sue...........




We are really 'up and running' now loading ideas and images onto this Orphan Train that is heading through the countryside...*VBS* I'm very behind in my blog browsing, and trying to fit in a few here and there..LOL. As of this morning I think I have enough NEW orphan projects to share for the next 4 or 5 days!!!! And, you'll have to bear with me on this....I'm thinking that one person's per day is good. You'll just have to come back tomorrow to see more fresh ideas and clever ways to use those leftover blocks and bits!! We DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT have a shortage of ideas to share once we get going!!
These are what I found at Sue's blog today. She blogs at From the Magpie's Nest, see sidebar for a link. I've been gone 2 or 3 days, and she had major things happening!!
The first picture is of blocks I posted previously. Now it's a completed top! And this is what she has to say about it:
The multi-color print reads very dark in the photos. The contrast isn't quite so stark in person. You can see that I tried to distribute it evenly over the surface of the quilt. That helps, I think. I had to take off the bottom "border" after I first assembled it because it was a quarter of an inch narrower than the rest of the quilt top. I enjoy improvisational piecing but that would have been a construction challenge I wasn't willing to cope with. So I took out the checkerboard unit, made a wider one, and put it all back together. Much better! Now it just needs to be layered and quilted or tied. I'm not sure whether I have a piece of batting in house that will fit this quilt. It's been too hot to go digging in the closet to find out. And I got distracted by a new project. But more about that later...(end quote).
And her new project is the 3rd picture....a very special placemat for DGD..with things to 'find'..there is more about that project on Sue's blog..*VBS*
The second picture is.....you guessed it.....LOL....more 'found in the darkest part of the closet' orphans. Guess Sue will be busy for awhile yet, even having competed TWO orphan blocks quilt tops already!! Way to go Sue!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...