The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Friday, April 3, 2009

Clickity-clack....

the wheels keep turning and onward we go. The scraps from our quilt making never seem to end, and neither does the need for donation quilts. I've moved my mind over a piece because I've found I can't/don't consider them "charity quilts". I prefer to think of them in the context of "The Quiltmaker's Gift". That being "to a person who needs them". Our very productive rider, Sue, of From the Magpie's Nest has cranked more since I last shared hers *VBS* As always, they are wonderful! 
 "Twelve blocks make a top that measures 36" x 48". I wanted to make something big enough for an older child so sashing was an obvious solution. It took some time, but I finally found a light blue toile print that I bought for some other project but that didn't work out. There was enough to sash these blocks though!" Both tops are really lovely Sue, keep up the good work.
 The last picture is of one you may have seen over at Pieces From my Scrapbag. I've been making these Mile A Minute blocks as part of a Frugal Friday offering during Lent. Almost anything goes into these, the odd bits as well as parts of blocks. Almost nothing is too small to use *VBS*
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilts. I love yours in particular, Finn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...