The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Orphan blocks quilts...

Part 1 *VBS* I received a lovely email last week from Del Jeanne. She has been an Orphan Train traveler for awhile now, and her latest creations are lovely. This is the first of 4 that she is sharing with us. I'll let her tell you about this one in her own words. 
Posted by Picasa
"Autumn Potpourri" was given to a friend who lost her husband. He was only 55, and she's a few years younger. I made several of these blocks from autumn charms I received in a guild swap shortly after plunging into quilting. Not really being a lover of autumn colors, they languished out of sight for a long time. Then I won a few autumn blocks in a guild block raffle, and was given a few more, so I finally got inspired to put all of them together. Right after I finished it, her husband died--in November, so it seemed like it was destined for her."
I've decided to split the quilts into 4 seperate posts *VBS*, come back tomorrow to see another lovely creation by the very talented Del Jeanne. As far as I know Del Jeanne doesn't have a blog, so be sure to leave her some compliments here!

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What a lovely quilt. I just love these orphan train quilts. Beautiful!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a wonderful story and a totally awesome Orphan Train quilt. Quilts with heart grabbing stories are the very best quilts of all.

Del Jeanne,you did a beautiful job of bringing these orphans together, giving them heart and finding them a loving and meaningful home! Lovely quilt with really well placed blocks!

Bquiltin said...

oooohhhh weeeee.... I'm lovin the look of mixed up leftover blocks.. There are days that I just make a block and toss it aside. It fits into an artsy, unique designer quilt later on!!
Keep up the good quiltin....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...