The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Orphans and scraps and pieces, oh my!!

 Yes, it does look like a mess, doesn't it??? This is a new donation, and it seems to be all(or nearly all) 2" strips. They were packed way beyond tightly in one of those heavy plastic bags that new sheets come in. I'm thrilled to get them, as I have several tops started using 2" strips!
 These orphan blocks are from a couple of different donations. I had set them aside until I had enough of something similar to make another Orphan Train quilt. Today I pulled out all the various red and white parts I had and began. The larger red squares in the picture were cut down to match the pile of navy 3" squares from a different donor.
This is about all the further I had gotten on this particular project earlier. Some of the orphans are mine, and many are donated ones. At this point the width is 48", which isn't bad for a donation type quilt. I'm going to see if I can get to about 60" in length. Not sure if it will get tied, machine quilted or donated as a top. I've decided it's high time for me to get busy with these again, and quit messing around in endless 'playtime'...unfortunately, it's something I do VERY WELL!
I have several other new donations to share with you, soon. But I'm going to try and finish this one up FIRST.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...