The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Gathering steam.....

 and moving ahead, slowly at first, but moving. This is the next orphan donation I'm going to help find a new life. I apologize to its maker, but I don't remember who donated it. It came in a box with other orphans, I do remember that much.( Let me know if it's yours, please!)

 So once again I stand in that doorway of "what to do". And that's not a bad place to stand...
it just requires looking at what you've got and seeing what is possible. No additional parts came with this one, and it's plain to see that 4 corners made of pieced parts would have completed the design. All of the setting triangles are bias edged(never good in my book!) I have none of those fabrics, altho that's not the end of the world, but I would have to be REALLY creative if I went that route. So sat and had me a think this morning, and I had an idea. The blocks are 12" with the 4 put together that way. Hmmm...I checked for what were the 'long' seams that joined the rows and they run along the green lattice.
Soooo, the plan is to take the top apart into sections, use the parts of the setting triangle blocks to make one more block, and set them 3 X 3. A total of the nine blocks with odds and ends of background left over. It still will need additional stuff to make it big enough...but that's do-able! Happy frog-stitching Finn !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...