The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Monday, August 27, 2007

While traveling around blogland....

it's amazing what you find. Today, while at Marcie's Patchalot More, I found what Marcie does with UGLY exchange blocks....LOL Way to go Marcie!
In Marcie's own words:The photo here on the left is of my son and a quilt I made him a couple years ago. It is from Open A Can of Worms, by Debbie Caffrey. That might be my all time favorite book. I have made more quilts out of that book than any other. They are good basic scrap quilts. Great directions, etc.

The reason it came to mind is all the talk about orphan blocks made me think of the back of the quilt. I got a number of uglier than sin blocks in an exchange, and rather than make them into a quilt I used them on the back of the quilt. After I sewed them together with alternating plain squares I started to like them. Fabric is funny that way. You can't look at it too closely, you just have to look at what it does. Well, it was too late for those blocks to become anything but a quilt back. I was anxious to get the quilt done so I did not alter my plan. However, since that time I have had the urge to make those blocks again into a real quilt of its own. Some day maybe I will even do it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...