The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Strike, Strike, Striking.....

while the iron is hot! That's our Jeanne, at Spiral(see sidebar for link). This was the pile of orphan blocks that she sorted from the others, and called "Christmas Orphans". *VBS*(I also has ventured into this challenge with Yuletide Orphans in hand)
And this is the first of what Jeanne did with those particular orphans...in her own words...."This finished wall hanging uses a pine tree block left over from a long-ago swap. That particular block has been aging for almost a decade! (I think it may have been Amy who asked where my orphan blocks come from: I used to be heavily involved with swapping. And sometimes I make test blocks before I undertake a new project. And sometimes I'm just puttering. Somehow, they're just there.) Anyway, the snowballs and 9ps were newly created to make this 40" piece. I'm calling it "Cedar" because the real cedar trees in my area have thick tan trunks like this".
Of course that gorgeous wall hanging DIDN'T use up all the Christmas Oprhan blocks, so she created this little gem also. I was happy to read, at her blog Spiral, that she really likes this one too. Way to go Jeanne....high five for alllll those unused and unloved blocks hacing a new home in a quilt!!!

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Simply lovely.

Magpie Sue said...

Jeanne did a *great* job with both of her orphan projects :- )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...