The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blog Award for the Orphan Train...

Our Orphan Train project blog has been given an award...this is our first. I feel it is OUR award since the quilt tops and quilts you make is reason for this blogs existance. The award comes from Tracy of Gift to be Simple. I'll list the awards requirements here: Blogging With Purpose Award Rules:

1. Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.

2. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.

3. In their post about the award they need to link back to this entry.

4. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site.

I'm happy and proud to say we definitely serve a purpose with this blog. I will nominate the 5 I'm suppose to, but I need a bit more time to think about it. Look for that post next...*VBS*
And we have a newcome on the Orphan Train. I received the nicest letter from Del Jeanne, with pictures of the quilts she made after being inspired by our efforts.
This one she called "For An American Hero". She doesn't have a public blog at this time, so no link for her. Here is what she had to say about making orphan block quilts. Del Jeanne is quilting away in TX...her words: "Another quilter just introduced me to your blog. I LOVE making quilts from orphan blocks, so count me in! I just finished 2 tops from orphans which I am giving to sisters, a second grader and an eighth grader, whose mother died last month. Some other quilters contributed blocks, but not nearly enough, so I was glad I had orphans! Last year I made two quilts from orphan blocks--one for me and one to go to a wounded soldier. I still have more orphans to make into quilts. I'm attaching pictures of all my orphan creations. I guess "Pretty in Pink" doesn't count for the challenge, since I kept it, but I really like the way it came out, so thought I'd share anyway. The last two are just tops, but I can send you finished pictures when I get them back from the quilter and have gotten them bound."
So you see, we have one of Del Jeanne's quilts today, and I've got 3 more to show you in the following days *VBS* And for the record Del Jeanne, the Pretty In Pink, most definitely COUNTS...there is no specification that the quilts MUST be given away. That's optional...I still own the original "Riding the Orphan Train, heading West" quilt. Thanks for sharing with us...we'll be looking forward to more quilts from you.

1 comment:

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, that's a lovely quilt for a soldier (or anyone else for that matter!). I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of Del Jeanne's creations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...