The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Friday, November 13, 2009

I've misplaced my Frugal Fridays....

think I'd better fix that. A few weeks back, Michele, of Hearts and Hands, posted a wonderful quilt that she called "Everything but the Kitchen Sink". I love the quilt and I love the idea of making Friday a day dedicated to the piecing of such. If you have orphan blocks laying around, or odd parts and bits of things, try sewing them to each other. Probably 'filler' strips or squares may be needed. It's not hard. You can't do it wrong. It starts small and grows, like a garden. The sewing machine is your plot of earth, and a un-used quilt square is your 'seed'. Take it from there and see what happens*VBS* These happy little string guys came tucked into a box of fabric and orphan blocks I received from Julie, of Through the barn door. I love them...there aren't many, but they will make a great center for a orphan block medallion. I sewed them together on Wednesday. They are in an unpressed state laying here for their picture.
 This almost completed top is like Michele's "Everything" quilt, except she used her orphans and I've used dontated orphans *VBS* This one could be pinned and quilted. Time to get busy again!!!
 And here's another waiting for pinning. Again made with donated orphan blocks. I'm always happy to accept those from any of you gals who have no desire to work with them. I know that time is often very precious, due to work schedules and young children. Luckily I have lots of time and not many committments. Think about having a Frugal Friday in your week *VBS* Hugs, Finn
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful how you put all these orphan blocks and pieces together. I love how they turn out and all the color in them. Great job, dear friend.

Frog Quilter said...

Welcome back. I wondered what happened to you.

Love your quilts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...