****The pictures are in reverse order, must be something new when publishing with blogger****I'm not sure what my motivating force was, but I'm back in the Orphan blocks "bin" again. I think it started because of a limitation on how much I can bend over since eye surgery. I've been sorting projects, gathering needed items and bagging or boxing them for easy "grab and go sew".The square in a square blocks are so old I don't remember what my original intention was. They are, however, two different sizes. Some are 6.5" and some are 7.5". Luckily, both are divisable with 42" which is a favorite width of mine when making kid quilts. I had enough for 2 rows of one size and 4 rows of the other. Perfect. But....I also had a large stack of really questionable HST...ones I consider almost to ugly to use. So I made rows of them and stuck them in between the other rows. Worked out well. But I was still short on length.
I had a bag full of these left over from something or another. I did the math and it worked out fine. So I sewed them together. I made a row for the top of the quilt and one for the bottom.
This is what they look like sewn on. The quilt will return for viewing once I get it tied or quilted.