The 4:25 p.m. Pacific Northwest....

departing Chicago....heading west..come ride with us

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Reckoning....

 now that's a phrase you don't hear much anymore...LOL. But I like it and it fits todays business. I've strayed away from the sorting of projects and parts, but not too far. My Chippewa gathering basket is serving its purpose well. It now holds orphan blocks and orphan block tops that I've begun and need to finish up. It helps to took through them, sort them somewhat by size or color. Add a few more with lime green to the "beginnings" I already have partly formed, etc. And it emptied two boxes and 1 drawer in the process.
 These are stacks of orphans. The ones on the left are from several of you, just waiting to be chosen and used. The pile on the right is all from one quilt and one person, Susan of WI. I'm not sure she reads this blog, but she knows of my work with orphans and sent these along last spring. I think there may be enough for a small quilt in just this pile...we'll see. Lots of lovely batiks in here and great colors. Makes me wonder about the quilt they are left from.
 
And last but not least, our trusty resident critic, Ebony. She has a BIG day coming up tomorrow. It's her ANNIVERSARY...4 years ago tomorrow, the 29th of September, she arrived in the Valley. Full of complaints and ready to re-structure my life. We've gradually found a comfortable relationship and altho the complaints come hot and heavy at times, she's uniquely herself and here to stay. Tomorrow a look back at her best moments *VBS*
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Susan said...

Gosh, you have lots more of that green than I do. Maybe I should check to see if mine would fit yours and send them along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...